Senior Gameplay Programmer
Lince Works is currently looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the team and bring our next projects to life by implementing new gameplay features to meet project design goals. The candidate will engage with game programming areas such as physics, AI, animation and UI as part of the code team.
We are based in Barcelona, working with a hybrid model – Office work twice per week.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is not required, but is considered an advantage. Other relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- As a Gameplay Programmer you’ll work across multiple areas within the core gameplay domain: characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions, to name a few.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers.
- Deliver clear and structured code inputs (C++), ensuring the quality, effectiveness, performance and appropriateness of all the game code.
- Liaise with project leadership to align expectations and workflow on a regular basis.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of 1 shipped AA/AAA game.
- Minimum of 3 years working in the video game industry.
- At least 2 years of experience working in C++ environments with Unreal Engine.
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D math.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Understanding of the code performance and memory-usage implications.
- Analytical skills, creative thinking, and attention to details.
- Ability to analyze and understand unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity.
- Experience and deep working knowledge of gameplay and AI systems.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools (Favro, Jira, etc).
- Open-minded and willing to accept and provide feedback to ensure the highest quality for our systems and gameplay features.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, positive and personable, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and flexibly move between projects and teams, providing high quality work with a positive attitude.
- Console programming experience.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
- Online portfolio of previous work (code samples strongly advised).
- Passion for playing!
We want to create an inclusive and diverse environment, so we encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation or belief. If you meet the requirements, we want to hear from you!
Send us your resume in English to email@example.com